Thyroid Symptoms Causes and Treatments
What is thyroid?
Thyroid gland occurs in the throat, which looks like a butterfly’s shape, hence it is also called Butterfly Gland. By the way, this gland is very small in body but it is very important for the body. Even a lot of people do not know about thyroid gland, but now you need a lot to know about it.
By the way thyroid gland is very small, but it is the most effective and hard-working gland in the body. Its greatest job is to develop all the parts of the body in the right way. To develop the body correctly, Thyroid gland causes a hormone called thyroxine.
Doctors say that today, 1 in 50 women have diseases related to thyroid gland. That’s why if you are a woman and if your health is interrupting, then consult your doctor about thyroid test.
Thyroid gland produces two types of growth regulating hormones / body hormones –
- Triiodothyronine (T3)
- Thyroxine (T4)
Both of these hormones are very important for the development of the body and it is very important to keep their balance correct because both of these hormones balance the body’s metabolism and growth. That is why if the balance of these hormones worsens, then the body’s metabolism and development can not be done properly. It transmits both hormone calories and oxygen into energy and transmits it to cells, which gives strength to the body and also develops various organs.
Another very important task is that it also activates the basal metabolic rate – BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). This makes it work in the energy produced in the body.
Pituitary gland produces thyroid stimulating hormone –
TSH Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), which accelerates the production of thyroid hormones T3 and T4. The right amount of thyroxine depends on the body’s iodine and vitamin D by eating and supplementing the diet. Thyroxine changes the hormone protein, carbohydrate, fat, into energy and develops cells.
This makes it clear that if our thyroid glands are healthy then it will produce the right amount of thyroxine so that the development of the human body will also be good if the thyroxine is not produced correctly, Will not be able to.
The thyroid production is unbalanced due to thyroid gland not working properly, which can lead to two types of health problems-
Types of Thyroid Problems
1. Hypothyroidism: The amount of thyroid hormone in the hypothyroidism decreases in blood. This occurs when someone is underactive thyroid or another gland running thyroid gland is not working properly. There are many reasons for this, but doctors say that women have more hypothyroidism than men. During pregnancy, women have to take great care of themselves while fighting hypothyroidism.
2. Hyperthyroidism: In the state of hyperthyroidism, Thyroid gland produces excessive thyroid hormones, which increases the amount of thyroxine in the blood. The amount of thyroid should not be too high nor should it be low in the body. It should always be balanced which is right for health.
Reasons for Thyroid Problems
Reasons for Hypothyroidism-
There may be several reasons for having hypothyroidism, due to which the label of thyroxine hormone decreases in the body. So let’s know what are the reasons?
- Hashimoto disease –
May also be caused by it. It can also be caused by autoimmune disease in which it makes any part of thyroid gland unusable. Most women have been diagnosed with thyroid infections.
- Thyroiditis –
Due to swelling in the thyroid gland In the beginning, more thyroxine hormones are produced, due to which later the thyroid hormone decreases, which takes the form of hypothyroidism. This problem has been observed in most women after pregnancy.
- Even after having thyroid radiotherapy treatment-
It has been found that thyroid gland can not function with its full potential. This condition is also called underactive thyroid in which thyroid can not produce its harmonics according to the need, which leads to hypothyroidism.
The thyroid gland is not able to produce hormones properly, even if the limb, like the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, does not work properly in the brain. This problem is especially due to some kind of brain weakness or injury.
The thyroid gland is not able to produce the amount of thyroxine properly due to the medicines taken for hypothyroidism.
- Due to the lack of iodine-
Most of the problems of hypothyroidism have been seen in adults. As much as the tip of the human need of the human body is the need of iodine every day, so using iodized salt is good for health.
Reasons for hyperthyroidism-
- Graves Disease –
Graves’ disease in adults is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism. Due to this disease, thyroid gland starts producing as much thyroid hormone as possible. This is because in this grave disease, the body’s immune system starts producing some antibody that increases the thyroxine stimulating hormone, which increases the amount of thyroxine in the blood.
- More thunder in Thyroid Gland –
Sometimes the thyroid gland gets some strains, though they do not have any work. But later, sometimes they start functioning just like thyroid gland, and this causes thyroxine hormone to produce more than expected and that awakens hyperthyroidism’s problem.
People also suffer from hyperthyroidism due to the medicines taken for hypothyroidism. Thyroid patients are always required to test the amount of thyroid hormone in between and in the middle of the body. Occasionally, due to lack of proper test, medicines are not given correctly, due to which the amount of thyroxine increases in blood.
- Thyroiditis –
Occasionally swelling occurs in thyroid gland due to some infection or any other reason, which is called thyroiditis. In this condition, the rhythmical gland starts to produce too much thyroid hormone in an unbalanced manner.
- Goiter –
Sometimes the thyroid gland becomes larger due to some other reasons, or there is more than one lump in it. One of the forms is called dhanga disease. Due to the increase of thyroid gland, thyroid gland causes thyroxine production, which leads to hyperthyroidism. If a person gets pimple disease, then he is removed from the surgery.
Hypothyroidism can also be caused due to vitamin B12 deficiency. Egg, Milk, Cheese, Milk Products, Meat, Fish Vitamin B12 is found to be very high, which is good for the body.
Symptoms of Thyroid Problems
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism-
- Not getting metabolism in the right kind of carbohydrate and sugar.
- Weight gain
- Menstrual cycle
- Pain in the knees and joints
- Sensitivity of heat and cold both.
- Increase in the amount of cholesterol in the body.
- Feeling stress and tension in the throat
- Vision Problems
- Hair Gross Thin
- Dryness of skin
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism-
- Frequent Feeling
- Uncomfortable with high temperatures.
- Danger of Disease
- Losing weight as soon as possible
- Irregular heart or irregular heart beat
- Do not sleep properly
Diagnostic Test for thyroid disease
- To know the exact amount of hormones, it is very important to have a T3, T4 test.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) is also examined in many places.
- Thyroid Antibody Test.
- Radioactive iodine uptake radioactive iodine uptake (RAIU)
- Thyroid scan
- Thyroid Ultrasound / Ultrasonography
Best Diet for Thyroid Patient
Foods to avoid with Thyroid Problems-
- Gluten-rich food
- Fat Foods.
- More sugar or sugar-rich food.
- More oil-rich or oil-cooked food.
- Do not eat too much food containing fiber.
- Don’t drink coffee
- Keep distance from Alcohol.
Foods best for Thyroid Problems-
- Eating omega 3 fatty acids like tuna, trout.
- Eat rice brad and grains.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink milk because it completes vitamin D deficiency and keeps it away from diseases like Hashimoto.
- Eat beans
Treatment of Thyroid Problems
The treatment of thyroid can not be explained well here. The thyroid patients have to check their thyroid hormones every two to three months, only after the doctors tell the patient about the right medicines and food habits.
Speak to your doctor immediately if there is any symptoms of thyroid disease or contact any endocrinologist.