Yoga for Thyroid –
In order to know what yoga is for the thyroid, before that, we want to clarify that yoga is beneficial only when done with the mind. The first rule of yoga is that it should be done without pain or tension. Here we will explain in detail about different yogas one by one.
Here 6 Yogasana is being described, which is useful for the thyroid patient.
1. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand) :
It is very best yoga for thyroid. It is made up of three words. “Sarva” means everything, Anga and Mudra means posture. According to the name, the benefits of this yogasana are also many. It is a yoga performed on the shoulders. By doing this, the weight of the entire body falls on the shoulders and this has a positive effect on the whole body. While doing this asana, stretch is felt on the neck and shoulders, which makes them strong and gives flexibility in the waist.
Performing Sarvangasana helps to rejuvenate and activate the thyroid and hypothalamus glands. Hormones are also balanced, which can reduce thyroid problems to a great extent. By doing this asana, digestion also works properly and mental stress is also reduced. She is also called the “queen of yoga”.
Process of doing –
- First of all lie down on the floor. Keep your hands straight with the body.
- Then slowly raise your legs and back.
- After that, raise your hips and waist as well.
- After that, support your back with your hands by resting your elbows on the floor and straightening your legs and knees upward. Knees and legs have to be joined. During this time, the weight of the entire body should rest on your shoulders, head and elbow. In addition, the chin is on the chest.
- Stay in this position for about one to two minutes and keep breathing deeply and deeply.
- Now move your legs back and straighten your hands, keep your waist close to the floor and slowly bring your feet back to the floor.
Warning: This asana should be done under the supervision of an instructor due to severe thyroid, high blood pressure, back pain, hernia, weakness or injury to the neck and shoulders.
2. Matsyasana (Fish Pose) :
The body takes the form of a fish, as the name suggests. This is why it is called fish pose yoga. Like Sarvangasana, this yoga also has many benefits. Doing this reduces back pain, reduces neck problems, reduces abdominal fat and most importantly acts as a panacea in the thyroid. So this is very beneficial Yoga for Thyroid patient.
For this reason, the neck, chest and shoulders are stretched, reducing the tension in the muscles of this part. In addition, there are fewer diseases related to breathing and lungs. If you have constipation, it can also be corrected. By doing this yoga, there is pain in the upper back and flexibility in the spine. Those whose knee and back pain can also be relieved. This yoga is also good for the eyes.
Process of doing –
- Sit on the floor in Padmasana posture and lie on your back, slowly bend back with your hands.
- Now lift the body using hands and balance the body according to the feet and head.
- After that hold the left foot with the right hand and the right foot with the left hand.
- Meanwhile, elbows and knees should be adjacent to the floor.
- In this state, continue breathing slowly and exiting.
- Stay in this state for about 30 seconds to one minute.
- After that, while exhaling, lie down with your hands, then get up in the initial state and sit up straight.
- Do three to four cycles like this.
Warning: If you are suffering from severe spinal disease, knee pain, hernia or ulcer, do not do this Yogasana at all.
3. Viparita Karani (Inverted Pose) :
This asana should be done under yoga for thyroid. This asana is almost like Sarvangasana, but it is slightly simpler than that. Doing so relieves mental stress. If one feels tired or sore feet, then doing this asana will provide relief and stretch the muscles of the feet.
By doing this, the circulation of blood in the body is good. Problems like insomnia are also relieved. The muscles of the neck, shoulders and back are relaxed. It is also very beneficial for thyroid patients. Performing this asana balances thyroid activity and relieves problems of the disease. By doing this, the face also starts glowing.
Process of doing –
- Place your yoga mat near the wall and sit facing the wall.
- After that, bend back with the support of your hands and glue them directly along the wall, raising your hips and feet.
- Spread your arms out of your body and keep your palms up.
- Stay in this position for about 5 to 15 minutes.
- Then bend and bend your knees and sit in a normal position.
Warning: If you have more pain in the back or neck, do not do this asana. Women should not do this asana during menstruation.
4. Halasana (Plough Pose) :
Those who are complaining of diet, obesity and thyroid, they should definitely do halasan. While doing this asana, the posture of the body becomes like a plow plowed in the field, hence it is called halasana. Of course, this is not easy to do, but its benefits are numerous. It is capable of reducing weight by controlling metabolism.
In the complaint of throat disease, headache and hemorrhoids, doing this asana is also beneficial. Problems like constipation can also be cured by this. When we do this posture, the blood flow in the head starts increasing.
Due to this, hair gets sufficient amount of minerals and hair loss starts to decrease. This posture is not easy to do, so do it under the supervision of an instructor and if there is difficulty in doing it in the beginning, then the faculty can do it.
Process of doing-
- First of all, lie down on the yoga mat with a strong back and keep your hands straight with the body.
- Now slowly raise the legs upward without bending from the knee, and then exhale and move the legs backwards while raising the back. Try to touch the toes of the feet from the ground. Keep in mind that the hands should remain straight in this state.
- This pose is called halasana. Staying in this state for about a minute, slowly comes to the original state.
- Do about three-four such cycles daily.
Caution: Do not do it to anyone who has cervical and high blood.
5. Ustrasana (Camel Pose) :
It is named Ustrasana by combining the words camel and asana. Camel means camel. When we do this asana, our posture is almost like a camel, hence it is called Ustrasana. By doing this, all types of physical disorders and anger are reduced.
When we do this asana, we feel a strain on the neck, due to which it is beneficial in the thyroid. Apart from this, it is helpful in reducing belly fat, improving digestive system and controlling diabetes. If someone has a problem with squeak disease or has a lung disease, then doing a doshasan helps to get rid of these problems.
Process of doing –
- Before performing this Yogasana, sit in the posture of Vajrasana.
- In this posture, there should be a distance of about one foot between the knees and feet.
- Now stand on your knees and lean back to breathe.
- Place the left palm on the corner and the left palm on the left heel.
- Keep in mind that during this time there is no shock in the neck.
- After this, the thighs should be in right direction from the floor and should be tilted towards the back of the head. In this posture, the entire weight of the body should be on the arms and legs.
- While in this state, breathe in slowly and release.
- After remaining like this for about a minute, slowly come back to normal.
Caution: Those who have high blood pressure, have a hernia problem, have high back pain, are suffering from heart disease, they should not do this yoga practice.
6. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) :
So far, where we have told the posture of lying on the back or cutting back, while this posture is lying on the stomach. By doing this, the body attaches like a bow, hence its name Dhanurasana. Doing this stimulates the thyroid glands, allowing the hormones to function optimally. Therefore, this Yoga is best suited for patients with thyroid.
Also, this yoga acts like a panacea for people struggling with obesity, diabetes and back pain. Those who are constipated or whose navel is repeatedly shaken from their place, they should also do this asana. While doing this asana, you feel chest strain and lungs are able to function well. Therefore, it is beneficial for asthma patients.
Process of doing –
- Lie on your stomach by laying yoga mats on the ground.
- After this, while exhaling, hold the ankles tightly and hold both ankles tightly with both hands.
- Now try to raise the head, chest and thigh while breathing. Raise the body as high as possible.
- While doing this, there will be some distance between your two legs, which after reaching this stage, try to reduce it a bit.
- Keep breathing in this posture for some time and keep exhaling.
- Then take long deep breaths, slowly bring the body down and return to the original position.
Caution: Those who have stones or have hernia and ulcers, should not do this asana.